Friday, July 03, 2020

Capital (Karl Marx)

Karl Marx
Capital



I thought I'd get back into my academic economics with a nod to my formal education but it's tough going and you know where it's leading and why it's leading there and how right Marx was. But with hindsight you don't need to be taught all the reasons why we're in the state we are due to capitalism. I guess at the time it was fairly new and many countries were still struggling to come out of feudalism but 150 years on it's been too long living under the supposed rule of markets and this text seems like an awfully long way of telling us what we can see all around. I was reading whilst working my way through my vinyl and at Crass I just thought there are other things to read that I would learn more from. Laid down just past page 100.

No comments: